很高兴认识你。
Nice to meet you.
(很高兴认识你。)
Nice to meet you, too.
(我也很高兴认识你。)
这是初次见面时的寒暄用语。
Hello, I’m Mr. Jones.
(你好,我是琼斯。)
I’m very pleased to meet you.
(很高兴认识你。)
在这种场合, 说话人有时候会在自己的名字前加上“Mr.”。
be pleased to ... “因为……感到高兴”、 “很高兴做……”。
Pleased to meet you.
Good to meet you.
It’s nice to meet you.
It’s good to finally meet you.
(终于见到你了, 真好。)
How do you do?
较为正式的说法。
I’m happy to meet you.
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
I’m glad to make your acquaintance.
make one’s acquaintance “结识某人”。
很高兴认识你。
I’m Tom Smith. Pleased to meet you.
(我叫汤姆·史密斯。很高兴认识你。)
Pleased to meet you, too.
(我也很高兴认识你。)
这是对初次见面的人说的寒暄用语, 表示“你好”、 “很高兴认识你”。
Nice to meet you.
I’m happy to meet you.
I’m glad to make your acquaintance.
我很高兴你能来。
I’m glad you could come.
(我很高兴你能来。)
So am I. It’s good to see you again.
(我也很高兴, 再次见到你真是太好了。)
How nice of you to come.
I appreciate that you came.
我们上次见面是什么时候?
When did we meet last?
(我们上次见面是什么时候?)
It’s been so long I can’t remember.
(过了太长时间, 我都记不得了。)
这里的last表示“上次”。
When did we last get together?
get together “聚会”。
这是给你的。
This is for you.
(这是给你的。)
Thank you so much.
(非常感谢。)
送给别人礼品时使用的表达方式。
It’s a present.
(这是礼物。)
It’s a gift for you.
(这是给你的礼物。)
你过得怎么样?
How have you been?
(你过得怎么样?)
Good. How about you?
(还好, 你呢?)
向有段日子没见面的人询问近况的表达方式。
How’s it going?
How are things?
工作怎么样?
How’s work?
(工作怎么样?)
Very well, thank you.
(很好, 谢谢。)
How’s work going?
How are things at the office?
(公司情况怎么样?)
还不错。
How are you doing?
(过得怎么样?)
I can’t complain. (还不错。)
直译是“我没什么可抱怨的”, 即“很顺利”、 “还不错”的意思。
Fine, thank you.
Couldn’t be better. (再好不过了。)
Can’t complain.
这里省略了主语I。
I have nothing to complain about.
老样子。
How are things at the office?
(工作怎么样?)
The same as usual.
(老样子。)
usual “平常的”、 “通常的”。as usual “像平常一样”、 “照旧”。
Nothing has changed. (什么也没变。)
change “改变”、 “变化”。
It’s the same old thing.
Same old, same old.
非正式的说法。
看你真忙啊。
You sure look busy.
(看你真忙啊。)
I am busy.
(我是很忙。)
sure “确实”、 “无疑”。这里的look表示“ (从外表上)看起来……”。
Looks like you have a lot of work.
look like ... “看起来像……”。
You look swamped.
swamped “穷于应付(工作等)”。
You look really busy.
你还和以前一样忙。
You’re as busy as ever.
(你还和以前一样忙。)
I like staying busy.
(我喜欢忙忙碌碌的。)
as ... as ever “同以前一样……”。
这里的stay表示“保持……的状态”。
You’re always so busy.
You always stay so busy.
希望你不要难为我。
I hope you won’t give me a hard time.
(希望你不要难为我。)
Don’t worry. I’ll be nice.
(不用担心, 我会手下留情。)
give ... a hard time “使……遭遇麻烦”。可以用于一起共事的同事, 或是在高尔夫球之类的运动场
合中使用。
I hope you’ll go easy on me.
Please don’t give me a hard time.
Please be kind to me.
恐怕我得走了。
I’m afraid I must go now.
(恐怕我得走了。)




