我是10年前进的这家公司。
How long has it been since you started working here?
(你在这儿工作有多久了?)
I joined the company ten years ago.
(我是10年前进的这家公司。)
join “参加”、 “加入”。
I started working for the company ten years ago.
I started at the company ten years ago.
我在这家公司已经6年了。
Have you worked here long?
(你在这儿工作时间长吗?)
I’ve been with this company for the last six years.
(我在这家公司已经6年了。)
be with ... “是……的一员”、 “受雇于……”、 “在……上班”。for the last six years是“从现在起
往回算6年”、 “这6年”的意思。
I’ve been working for this company for six years.
I’ve been employed here for six years.
你在公司上班,还是自己干?
Are you with the firm or are you independent?
(你在公司上班, 还是自己干?)
I work for myself.
(我给自己干。)
firm “商店”、 “公司”。independent “独立的”、 “和……没有关系的”。
work for myself “给自己干”。
Do you work for yourself or the firm?
Are you independent of the firm?
(你是从公司独立出来的吗?)
我是个体户。
What company do you work for?
(你在什么公司上班?)
I’m self-employed.
(我是个体户。)
self employed “个体经营的”、 “ 自主经营的”。
I am my own boss.
own “ 自己的”。
I own my own business.
第一个own是动词,意思是“拥有”。
我离开了公司现在自己单干。
What do you do for a living?
(你做什么工作?)
I’m a corporate dropout and now I work for myself.
(我离开了公司现在自己单干。)
corporate “企业的”。dropout一般指“中途退学的学生”、 “掉队者”。
I used to work for a company but now I work for myself.
I used to have a boss and now I am self-employed.
(以前我给人打工, 但是现在我给自己干。)
你的职位是什么?
What’s your position?
(你的职位是什么?)
I’m head of personnel.
(我是人事部经理。)
position “职位”、 “身份”。
What position do you hold?
hold “保持”、 “担任(职位)”等。
What is your title?
(你的职位是什么?)
title “头衔”。
你的上司是谁?
Who do you report to?
(你的上司是谁?)
I report to Mr. Aoki.
(是青木先生。)
在美国的企业内部经常可以听到这样的说法。这句话说的是“你向谁报告?”,即“你的上司是谁?”,但是更
为准确地说,它问的是“你的顶头上司是谁?”。
Who’s your immediate superior?
(你的顶头上司是谁?)
immediate “直属的”、 “直接的”。superior “上司”。
Who’s your immediate boss?
我上夜班。
I work the graveyard shift.
(我上夜班。)
That must be inconvenient.
(那一定很辛苦。)
graveyard shift “ (半夜或凌晨2时开始的)夜班”。
inconvenient “不方便的”、 “烦扰的”。
I work at night.
I work in the middle of the night.
I work the night shift.
我是上门兜售的推销员。
What line of business are you in?
(你干的是哪一行?)
I’m a door-to-door salesman.




