你们认识吗?
Do you know each other?
(你们认识吗?)
Yes, we met last week.
(认识, 上星期我们见过面。)
each other “互相”。
Have you met before?
Do you two know each other?
(你们俩互相认识?)
杰克, 这位是吉尔。吉尔, 这位是杰克。
Please introduce us.
(请给我们做个介绍吧。)
Jack, this is Jill. Jill, this is Jack.
(杰克,这位是吉尔。吉尔,这位是杰克。)
introduce “介绍”。
介绍初次见面的两个人时的习惯用语。
Jack, I’d like you to meet Jill. Jill, this is Jack.
Jack, allow me to introduce Jill. Jill, Jack.
allow ... to “让某人做某事”、 “允许某人做某事”。
他是我的一个员工。
Who’s that guy over there?
(那边那个男的是谁?)
He’s a member of my staff.
(他是我的一个员工。)
guy “男人”、 “家伙”。over there “在那里”、 “在对面”。
staff “职工”、 “员工”。
He works for me.
He’s one of my employees.
employee “雇工”、 “雇员”。
He’s one of my staff members.
他负责这个项目。
He’s in charge of this project.
(他负责这个项目。)
That’s a big responsibility.
(那他的责任可重了。)
in charge of ... “管理”、 “负责”。
He’s the head honcho on this project.
honcho来源于日语单词“班长”, 意思是“头儿”、 “上司”。
He’s the manager for this project.
他管这个。
Who do I see about that?
(这件事我可以找谁?)
He’s the one in charge.
(他管这个。)
in charge “掌管”、 “负责”。
He’s the one who handles that.
handle “管理”、 “处理”。
That’s his expertise.
(那是他的专长。)
That’s his department.
department这里指“分内的工作”。
He’s in charge of that.
他是我们在洛杉矶的代理。
What does he do?
(他是做什么的?)




