have a seat用于劝别人就坐, 比sit down礼貌。
Please sit down.
Please be seated.
Have a seat, please.
请随意。
Please make yourself comfortable.
(请随意。)
Thank you. I’ll have a seat.
(谢谢。那我就坐下了。)
comfortable “放松的”、 “舒服的”。在家里招待客人时经常使用的一句话。
Please make yourself at home.
at home有“ (像在自己家里一样)随便”、 “放松”的意思。make yourself at home是“请随意”的惯用表
达方式。
Please relax.
现在是一年当中最忙的时候。
Everyone seems so busy.
(每个人看起来都很忙。)
Yes, this is our busiest season.
(是啊, 现在是一年当中最忙的时候。)
season表示“季节”, 但是这里指“期间”、 “活动时期”。
We’re busiest at this time of year.
This is our busiest time of year.
我可以要你一张名片吗?
It was nice meeting you.
(很高兴认识了你。)
May I have your business card?
(我可以要你一张名片吗?)
May I ...? “我可以……吗?”。business card “名片”。
Do you have a business card?
(你有名片吗?)
I’d like your business card, please.
你在X公司工作?
So, you work for X Company?
(这么说, 你在X公司工作?)
Yes, I’m in accounting.
(是, 我从事会计工作。)
听完对方的话,用so进行总结。
accounting “会计”。
Are you working for X Company?
Do you work at X Company?
我听说过你们公司。
I’ve heard of your company.
(我听说过你们公司。)
Good things, I hope.
(但愿听的都是好话。)
hear of ... “听到”、 “听说”。
I’m familiar with your company.
be familiar with ... “熟悉……”。
Your company sounds familiar.
sound familiar “听起来耳熟”。
我从史密斯先生那里听说过你。
I’ve heard about you from Mr. Smith.
(我从史密斯先生那里听说过你。)
How does he know me?
(他怎么会知道我?)
Mr. Smith has told me about you.
I’ve heard from Mr. Smith about you.
I’ve heard a lot about you from Mr. Smith.
I’ve heard a lot about you.
(久闻大名。)
久闻大名。
I’ve heard your name many times.
(久闻大名。)
I’ve heard of you, too.
(彼此彼此。)
I’ve heard your name mentioned often.
Your name has been mentioned often.
能给我透露些消息吗?
Could you tell me what it’s about?
(能给我透露些消息吗?)
I can’t tell you until the announcement.
(公开发布前我无可奉告。)
Could you tell me ...?
“能告诉我……吗?”
What ... about? “……
是什么内容?”
announcement “
声明”、 “公告”。
Could you let me know what it’s about?
let me know “让我知道”。
Could you give me some idea of what it’s about?
我们以前见过面吧?
We’ve met before, haven’t we?
(我们以前见过面吧?)
No, I don’t think we’ve met.
(没有,我想我们没见过面。)




