further是far的比较级, “进一步”。
There’s no need for further discussion.
Discussing it further would be a waste of time.
我还有些事情要办。
I have to take care of some other business.
(我还有些事情要办。)
Do what you have to do.
(办你的事去吧。)
这句话在想要中断会议时使用。
I must deal with other business today.
I need to handle other business right now.
剩下的问题我们下次会上再讨论。
We’ll discuss the rest at our next meeting.
(剩下的问题我们下次会上再讨论。)
When will that be?
(下次会是什么时候?)
discuss “讨论”。rest “剩下的”。
We’ll discuss the remaining points at our next meeting.
remain “剩余”。
We’ll cover the rest when we next meet.
cover “涉及”、 “论及”、 “处理”。
下次会是什么时候?
When’s the next meeting?
(下次会是什么时候?)
Next Friday at 10∶00.
(下周五10点。)
Is the date set for the next meeting?
set “预先确定的”。
When will we be meeting again?
(下次什么时候开会?)
When is our next meeting?
When will our next meeting be?
有什么有意思的事情吗?
Did you find anything interesting?
(有什么有意思的事情吗?)
No, it was pretty boring.
(没有, 非常无聊。)
interesting “有趣的”、 “吸引注意力的”。
pretty “非常”、 “很”。
Was there anything interesting?
(有什么有意思的事情吗?)
Anything interesting?
发言
我得作即席发言。
I have to give a speech without preparation.
(我得作即席发言。)
You must be awfully nervous.
(你一定非常紧张。)
give a speech “演讲”、 “发言”。
I have to give a speech without notes.
(我得即兴演讲。)
I have to give a speech without practicing.
(我得在没有练习的情况下演讲。)
I have to give a speech off the cuff.
我在人前容易紧张。
I get nervous in front of people.
(我在人前容易紧张。)
You’ll be okay. Just keep practicing.
(你没问题的。只要坚持练习就好了。)
nervous “神经质的”、 “紧张的”。in front of ... “在……的面前”。
I can’t get up in front of a group of people.
(我没胆量站在人群面前。)
这里的get up指“鼓起勇气”。
I’m shy in front of people.
(我在人前很害羞。)
shy “害羞的”。
总而言之……
To sum things up, We’re against it.
(总而言之, 我们反对。)
Finally, this speech is almost over.
(这个发言总算要完了。)
sum “合计”。to sum things up是表达“概述”、 “总而言之”的习惯用语。在总结陈辞时常用。against
“反对” 。
In conclusion, ...
(最后……)
conclusion “结论”。
Recapping, ...
(总之……)
recap = recapitulate “扼要重述”、 “总结”、 “概括




