The way things are going, ...
If this continues, ...
continue “继续”。
明天会很忙。
Tomorrow is going to be a long day.
(明天会很忙。)
I was thinking the same thing.
(我也是这么想的。)
这里的long不是“长”, 而是“忙”的意思。
same “相同的”。
Tomorrow will seem like forever.
seem like “看起来像”。这里的forever指“很长时间”。
Tomorrow is going to be a drag.
这里的drag指“令人厌倦的事物”。
再不走就没时间了。
Let’s go! There’s no time to waste.
(出发吧!再不走就没时间了。)
I’m coming!
(我就来!)
waste “浪费”。直译是“没有时间可以浪费了”。
There’s no time to lose.
lose “失去”。
We have no time.
我必须尽快赶到那儿。
I have to get there as soon as possible.
(我必须尽快赶到那儿。)
Then You’d better leave right now.
(那你最好现在就出发。)
as soon as possible “尽快”。
You’d是you had的缩写。had better “最好……”。
I need to get there as soon as I can.
They need me there as soon as possible.
只能硬着头皮上了。
Will you be ready tomorrow?
(明天能准备好吗?)
We have to do it without preparation.
(只能硬着头皮上了。)
without preparation “无准备地”。
They changed the date.
(他们改了日期。)
Then, we have to do it unprepared.
(那我们没时间做准备了。)
unprepared “无准备的”、 “即席的”。
We have to perform without rehearsal.
perform “表演”、 “举行”。
We have to do it without practicing.
(我们只得不练习就去做了)。
practice “练习”。
希望赶得上最后期限。
We don't want to miss the deadline.
(希望赶得上最后期限。)
Maybe we should work overtime.
(我们大概得加班了。)
这里的miss指“遗漏”、 “错过”。直译是“我们不想误了最后期限”。deadline “截止日期”、 “最后期限”。
work overtime “加班”。
We want to make sure to meet our deadline.
(我们要确保在最后期限前完工。)
We want to finish this on time.
finish on time “按期完成”。
今天是最后期限。
What’s the rush?
(急什么?)
The deadline is today.
(今天是最后期限。)
rush “匆忙”、 “急迫”。
Today’s the deadline.
We’ve reached the deadline.
reach “到达”。
你必须在截止日期前完成。
Can I have an extension, please?
(能延期吗?)
You must meet the deadline.
(你必须在截止日期前完成。)
extension “延长”。
meet the deadline “赶上截止日期(或最后期限)”。
You have to complete it on time.
(你必须按期完成。)
complete “完成”。on time “按期”。
It must be ready by the deadline.
(必须在截止日期前准备好。)
ready “准备好的”。
我们不能迟到。
We only have ten minutes to get there.
(我们只有10分钟到那儿。)
We can’t afford to be late.
(我们不能迟到。)
can’t afford to ... “不能负担得起(损失、 后果等)”、 “没有做……的余地”。
It won’t do us any good to be late.
It won’t be good for us to be late.
We need to be on time.
(我们必须按时到。)
on time “按时”。
别再在那件事上浪费时间了。
Don’t spend any more time on that.
(别再在那件事上浪费时间了。)
What would you like me to do instead?
(那你要我做什么呢?)
spend “花费(时间等)”。
Don’t put any more effort into that.
直译是“不要在那件事上再投入精力了”。
I want you to stop working on that.
直译是“我希望你不要再做那件事了”。
Don’t waste any more time on that.
现在必须争分夺秒。
Our inspection is only two hours away.
(再过两个小时就该检查我们了。)
There’s no time to lose now.
(现在必须争分夺秒。)
inspection “检查”、 “审查”。
直译是“现在没时间浪费了”。
We have three days left before the deadline.
(我们离截止日期还剩三天。)




