他刚调到X美国公司来。
He was just transferred to X America.
(他刚调到X美国公司来。)
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
(很高兴认识你。)
just transferred因为加了一个just, 就有了“刚调来”的意思。介绍别人的时候可以使用。
pleasure “高兴”、 “荣幸”。meet “见面”、 “ (通过介绍而)相识”。
He’s new at X America.
He just started at X America.
(他刚来X美国公司不久。)
He is a new transfer.
(他刚调来不久。)
transfer是名词, “调职者”。
我昨天刚到这儿。
I just got here yesterday.
(我昨天刚到这儿。)
Do you have jet lag?
(你需要倒时差吗?)
jet lag 指乘喷气式飞机飞越不同时区后的生理节奏失调, 译为“时差综合征”。
I just arrived yesterday.
arrive “到达”。
This is my second day here.
(我在这儿有两天了。)
I’ve been here since yesterday.
我在一家日本公司上班。
I work for a Japanese company.
(我在一家日本公司上班。)
Which one?
(哪一家?)
I’m employed by a Japanese company.
I’m an employee of a Japanese company.
我怎么才能拿到工作签证?
How can I get a work visa?
(我怎么才能拿到工作签证?)
You need to apply at the embassy.
(你要去大使馆申请。)
How can I ...? “我怎么才能……”。该句型可以用来询问方法、手段、次序等,很方便。
What do I need to do to get a work visa?
How does someone get a work visa?
他对在美国做生意熟门熟路。
He may have trouble opening a business here.
(刚开始在这儿做生意他可能会遇到困难。)
He’s familiar with doing business in the US.
(他对在美国做生意熟门熟路。)
have trouble ...ing
“做……时遇到困难”。
familiar with ...
“知道……”、 “对……很熟悉”。
He’s used to doing business in the US.
(他习惯在美国做生意。)
be used to ... “习惯……”。
He’s aware of how business in the USA works.
be aware of ... “知道……”。
你去过日本吗?
I just took a vacation in Europe.
(我刚从欧洲度假回来。)
Have you been to Japan?
(你去过日本吗?)




