confident “确信的”、 “有自信的”。
I closed the deal.
(我做成了这笔交易。)
I succeeded in closing the deal.
今天的销售额上去了。
Sales are up today.
(今天的销售额上去了。)
Finally!
(终于上去了!)
sales “销售额”、 “销售状况”。
Sales are on the rise today.
Sales are looking good today.
今天什么也没卖出去。
There were no sales today.
(今天什么也没卖出去。)
Ouch!
(太糟糕了!)
We didn’t make any sales today.
We didn’t have a single sale today.
(今天一笔生意也没做成。)
single “一个的”。
销售情况很低迷。
Sales are sluggish.
(销售情况很低迷。)
I’m sorry to hear that.
(真遗憾。)
sluggish有“懒惰的”、 “呆滞的”等意思, 但这里表示“ (市场)萎缩的”、 “不景气的”。
这里的“be sorry to ...” 指“对……觉得遗憾”。
Sales are slow.
这里的slow指“ (营业等)清淡的”、 “不景气的”。
Sales are down.
他超过我了。
How are Mr. Jones’ sales this month?
(琼斯这个月的销售业绩怎么样?)
He’s ahead of me.
(他超过我了。)
ahead of ... “在……的前面”、 “比……领先”。
He’s gotten further than me.
He’s beating me.
He’s doing better than I am.
不相上下。
Who has more sales between you two?
(你们俩谁的销售额更高一些?)
We’re neck and neck.
(不相上下。)
neck and neck “不相上下”、 “难分高低”。
We’re really close.
We’re right next to each other.
比赛还没结束呢。
Tom is winning the sales contest.
(汤姆要赢销售比赛了。)
It’s not even over yet.
(比赛还没结束呢。)
win “胜利”。
over “告终”、 “结束”。
Who won the contest?




