Why don’t you ...? 该句型表示建议、 指示、 忠告, 意思是“你去试试……怎么样?”, 用起来很
方便。apply “应聘”、 “申请”。
Why don’t you put in an application?
put in ... “申请”。application “申请”、 “申请表”。
Why don’t you submit an application?
submit “提交”。
我们有很多求职者。
We have many applicants.
(我们有很多求职者。)
Are any of them any good?
(他们中有没有优秀的?)
applicant “ 申请人”、 “应聘者”、 “志愿者”。
We have many people that have applied.
We have many applicants for the job.
应聘的人数超过了2 000。
There are over two thousand applicants.
(应聘的人数超过了2 000。)
It will be hard to narrow them down.
(从中进行筛选非常难。)
There are over ... “有超过……”。
narrow down “缩减”。
Over two thousand people applied.
apply “ 申请”。
We have over two thousand applicants.
我们需要筛选出最有发展潜力的应聘者。
She isn’t very skilled.
(她的技术并不熟练。)
We have to screen the applicants to get the ones with the most potential.
(我们需要筛选出最有发展潜力的应聘者。)
screen “筛选”、 “审查”。applicant “志愿者”、 “ 申请人”。potential “有某种可能性的”、 “潜在的”。
We have to select the applicants with the most potential.
We have to find the applicants with the most to offer.
这里的with the most to offer指“能做很多工作”。
我们需要了解最新行情的人。
What type of employee are you looking for?
(你想聘用什么样的人?)
We need someone who is on the ball.
(我们需要了解最新行情的人。)
on the ball “了解最新情况”、 “有能力的”、 “勤奋的”、 “ 目光敏锐的”。
We need someone who has it all together.
We need someone who’s sharp.
(我们需要头脑精明的人。)
你的面试怎么样?
How was your interview?
(你的面试怎么样?)
It was a real success.
(很顺利。)
How was ...? 该句型用来询问某事的结果怎么样。
How did your interview go?
Did your interview go well?
(面试进行得顺利吗?)
真希望我也能和董事长拉上关系。
I know the president personally.
(我和董事长有私交。)
I wish I had connections with the president.
(真希望我也能和董事长拉上关系。)
president “董事长”。
I wish I had ... “如果……就好了”。connection是名词, 表示“关系”、 “门路”。
I wish I had an in with the president.
in是名词, 指“关系”、 “交情”。
I wish I knew the president.
(真希望我能认识董事长。)




