直译是“因为我已经到了可能达到的最高位置”。
What made you leave that company?
直译是“什么原因使你离开了那家公司?”。
What was your reason for leaving that company?
(你离开那家公司的原因是什么?)
我不适合在这家公司干。
Why are you quitting your job?
(你为什么辞职?)
I’m not suited for this company.
(我不适合在这家公司干。)
quit “辞去(工作等)”。
be suited for ... “适合……”、 “合适……”。
This company doesn’t suit me.
This isn’t my kind of company.
我想开始自己做生意。
I want to start a business of my own.
(我想开始自己做生意。)
That’s the only way to make money.
(这是挣钱的惟一途径。)
own “ 自己的”。
I want to start working for myself.
I’m interested in starting a business.
be interested in ... “对……有兴趣”。
你走出了一条自己的路。
You chose your own way of life.
(你走出了一条自己的路。)
I’m glad I did.
(我对此很满意。)
直译是“你选择了属于自己的人生道路”。chose是choose(选择)的过去式。own没有也可以, 但是加上
它, 使得“独自的”、 “ 自己特有的”这一意思表达得更充分。
be glad “高兴”。
You chose your way of life.
You chose to live your life the way you wanted to.
You made up your own mind.
(你自己做了决定。)
make up one’s mind “决心(做……)”。
我不会阻拦你的。
I feel like quitting this job.
(我想把工作辞掉。)
I won’t stop you.
(我不会阻拦你的。)
feel like “想……”。quit “辞去(工作等)”。
You’re free to go. (你来去自由。)
Don’t let me stand in your way.
“stand in ... way” 意思是“妨碍……”, 直译是“别让我妨碍你”。




