我今天得加班。
I have to work overtime today.
(我今天得加班。)
Lots of work, huh?
(工作太多了, 是吧?)
work overtime “加班”。
这里的huh表示征求对方的同意, “是吧”、 “对吧”。
I have to work overtime tonight.
I have to work extra hours tonight.
extra hours “额外的时间”, 也就是“加班”。
I’m going to be working overtime tonight.
你今天又要加班吗?
Will you work overtime again today?
(你今天又要加班吗?)
No, I’ll be going home on time.
(不, 我会按时回家。)
go home “回家”。on time “按时”。
Are you working overtime again today?
Will you work extra hours again today?
我定期加班。
I work overtime on a regular basis.
(我定期加班。)
Don’t you get tired after a while?
(干一段时间后你不累吗?)
regular “定期的”。basis “基础”、 “基准”。on a ... basis “以……为基准”。
after a while “一段时间后”。
I work overtime regularly.
I am a regular overtime worker.
加班可以证明你对公司的忠诚。
How can I impress my boss?
(我怎么能给老板留下深刻印象?)
Working overtime is considered a sign of loyalty to your company.
(加班可以证明你对公司的忠诚。)
impress “给(人)深刻印象”、 “使感动”。
consider “考虑”。sign “表现”、 “象征”。loyalty “忠诚”。
Doing overtime work is considered a sign of loyalty to your company.
Working overtime is thought of as a sign of loyalty to your company.
那么早回去总觉得过意不去。
Go ahead and leave early today.
(今天可以早点下班。)
I feel guilty going home so early.
(那么早回去总觉得过意不去。)
这里的go ahead是“ (劝人做某事的)请”。
feel guilty “内疚”、 “有罪恶感”。
I feel badly about going home so early.
I feel ashamed to be going home so early.
feel ashamed “感到可耻”。
给你加班费吗?
Do you get paid overtime?
(给你加班费吗?)
Only for anything over 40 hours a week.
(一周工作量超过40小时以后才给。)
paid是pay的过去分词, 表示“支付”。
Do you get overtime pay?
这里的pay指“津贴”。
Do you get time and a half?
(加班费能拿到正常工资的1.5倍吗?)




