all I need is ... “只要……就好了”。
A cup of coffee is all I need.
As long as I have my coffee, I’m fine.
(只要有咖啡, 我就满足了。)
as long as “如果”、 “只要”。
I don’t need anything but coffee.
(除了咖啡我什么都不要。)
but “除了”。
老板不在你就偷懒了吧?
Are you relaxing while your boss’s away?
(老板不在你就偷懒了吧?)
No, I’m just taking my coffee break.
(才不是呢。我只不过休息了一会儿。)
relax “放松”、 “休息”。while “在……的期间”。away “不在”。
Are you taking it easy while your boss’s away?
take it easy “休息”。
Are you relaxing because your boss isn’t around?
这个自动售货机坏了。
I put a dollar in, but nothing happened.
(我投了1美元进去, 可是什么动静也没有。)
This vending machine’s not working.
(这个自动售货机坏了。)
happen “发生”、 “产生”。
vending machine “自动售货机”。
This vending machine does not work.
This vending machine’s broken.
你想透点新鲜空气吗?
Do you want some fresh air?
(你想透点新鲜空气吗?)
Yes. Go ahead and open the window.
(好的。把窗户打开吧。)
fresh “新鲜的”、 “清爽的”。
How about some fresh air?
How about ...? “……怎么样?”。
Do you want a breath of fresh air?
a breath of fresh air “ (户外的)新鲜空气”。
我得消磨点儿时间。
I have to kill some time.
(我得消磨点儿时间。)
Let’s go get lunch.
(我们去吃午饭吧。)
kill time “消磨(空余时间)。
I have to waste some time.
(我得消磨些时间。)
比较随便的说法。
I have time to spare.
(我有空。)
spare “多余的”、 “ (时间)空闲的”。
I have some free time.
(我有点空余时间。)
去咖啡店打发时间吧。
Let’s go to a coffee shop and kill some time.
(去咖啡店打发时间吧。)
Great. I could use a cup of coffee.
(好的。我可以来杯咖啡。)
kill除“杀”的意思之外, 还有“消磨(时间)”的意思。
Let’s go to a coffee shop and use up some time.
Let’s kill some time at a coffee shop.
我在咖啡店里消磨了一个小时。
What did you do between meetings?
(会议间歇你做了些什么?)
I killed an hour in a coffee shop.
(我在咖啡店里消磨了一个小时。)
I wasted an hour in a coffee shop.
wasted是waste的过去式, 表示“浪费(时间和金钱等)”、 “消耗”。比较随便的说法。
I stayed in a coffee shop for an hour.
(我在咖啡店待了一个小时。)
他睡得很香。
He’s sound asleep.
(他睡得很香。)
I guess he needs the rest.
(我想他需要好好休息。)
sound “酣畅地”。be sound asleep是习惯用语, 表示“熟睡”。
He’s dead to the world.
be dead to the world “酣睡”。
He’s sleeping soundly.
soundly “酣畅地”。
我们只是发泄一下而已。
What was all of that noise about?
(那都是些什么声音?)
We were just letting off steam.
(我们只是发泄一下而已。)




