直译是“我希望你快点好起来”。
I sure hope you get better soon.
sure “确实”。
Hope you’re up and around soon.
be up and around “ (病后)能离床走动”、 “起床四处走动”。
我今天上不了班。
I can’t come in today.
(我今天上不了班。)
Are you sick?
(你病了吗?)
这里的come in指“上班”。
I won’t be able to come in today.
I’m not able to be there today.
他今天打电话来请病假。
He called in sick today.
(他今天打电话来请病假。)
call in 指“ (给工作单位等)打电话”。call in sick是习惯用语, 表示“打电话请病假”。
Where’s the manager?
(经理在哪里?)
He’s off sick today.
(他今天请了病假。)
He’s out today due to illness.
due to “因为”。
He called to say he’s sick today.
他今天请假了。
May I speak to Mr. Jones?
(琼斯先生在吗?)
He’s off today.
(他今天请假了。)
off “休息”、 “不工作”。
He’s taking the day off.
He’s not in today.
He’s not at work today.
他休假到这个月底。
I need Mr. Jones to help me with this.
(我需要琼斯先生帮忙。)
He’s off till the end of this month.
(他休假到这个月底。)
the end of ... “……的末端”。
He won’t return till the end of the month.
(他月底才回来。)
He’s on leave till the end of this month.
on leave “休假期间”。
He’s on vacation till the end of this month.
(他一直休假到这个月底。)
on vacation “休假”。
我昨天休假了。
I took the day off yesterday.
(我昨天休假了。)
What did you do?
(你做什么去了?)
take the day off “休假”。
I had yesterday off.
I decided to take yesterday off.
decide to ... “决定做……”。
我这个月一天假也没休。
I haven’t had a day off this month.
(我这个月一天假也没休。)
You must be exhausted.
(你一定累坏了吧。)
have a day off “休息一天”。
be exhausted “筋疲力尽”。
I’ve worked every day this month.
(这个月我每天都上班。)
I haven’t had any days off this month yet.
我们通常都不休假。
Where do you go on vacation?
(你假期去哪儿?)
We usually don’t take any vacations.
(我们通常都不休假。)




