look into ... 除了“看进去”的意思外, 还表示“调查……”。
We'll see what's going on.
(我们会调查是怎么回事的。)
We'll check it out.
损失有多大?
How much damage was there?
(损失有多大?)
It's going to set us back $2,000.
(要损失2 000美元。)
damage “损害”、 “受害”。
set back “使花费”。
How much was the damage?
What was the total damage?
(总损失是多少?)
我会查个水落石出的。
They refuse to take our calls.
(他们不接电话。)
I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
(我会查个水落石出的。)
直译是“他们拒绝接我们的电话”。
get to the bottom of ... “查明(事件等的)真相”。
I'm going to find out what is going on.
find out “发现(秘密等)”。
I'll get to the bottom of this.
那只是观点不同而已。
Are you angry about yesterday?
(你为昨天的事生气吗?)
No, it was just a difference of opinion.
(不, 那只是观点不同而已。)
just “只不过”、 “仅仅”。opinion “意见”、“想法”。
We just disagreed, that's all.
(我们只是意见不一致, 如此而已。)
disagree “意见不合”。That's all. “只是如此”。
It was just a minor disagreement.
了解了事情的全过程之后, 我对现状感到很满意。
I hope you forgave your coworkers.
(希望你能原谅你的同事。)
Now that I know the whole story, I'm happy with the situation.
(了解了事情的全过程之后, 我对现状感到很满意。)
forgive “原谅”。coworker “同事”、 “工作伙伴”。
now that表示“因为现在……”、“既然……”。the whole story “全过程”。
It's okay, now that I know the full story.
It's cool now, because I know the whole story.
cool “出色的”、 “好的”。
他怎么说的?
What's his story?
(他怎么说的?)
He said he's innocent.
(他说他是清白的。)
story不只有“故事”、“陈述”的意思, 还表示“关于事件的解释、说明”。
innocent “无罪的”、 “清白的”。
What does he say?
What's his side of the story?
他不是故意的。
Why did he do it?
(他为什么这么做?)




