能做的我们都已经做了。
Is there anything else we can do?
(还有什么我们能做的吗?)
No. We've done all we can.
(没有了。能做的我们都已经做了。)
else “其他”。
We've是We have的缩写。all “所有”、 “一切”。
There is nothing else we can do.
(再没什么我们能做的了。)
We can't do any more.
(我们没法再做什么了。)
谁来补偿我们的损失?
Who'll cover our losses?
(谁来补偿我们的损失?)
Mr. Jones will.
(琼斯先生。)
cover有“覆盖”、 “包围”的意思, 这里表示“补偿”。
Who is going to cover our losses?
Who'll handle our losses?
看来我不解释不行了。
You'd better tell me what's going on.
(你最好告诉我发生什么事了。)
Well. I guess I can no longer avoid explaining myself.
(嗯……看来我不解释不行了。)
直译是“我想我不能再避而不谈了”。想说的话还不能马上说出口时, 可以用“Well, ... (嗯……)”等
来连接。“I guess ...”译为“是……吧”。no longer指“不再……”。avoid “避开”、 “回避”。
I guess I can't keep it a secret any longer.
I guess I can no longer keep it a secret.
(看来我不能再保密了。)
keep ... a secret “把……作为秘密”。
I guess it has come to the point where I cannot avoid explaining it.
(看来已经到了我不得不作出解释的时候了。)
come to the point ... “到……的时候了”。
我希望事情进展顺利。
I want it to work out smoothly.
(我希望事情进展顺利。)
I think everyone involved feels the same.
(我想每个人的心情都是一样的。)
work out “解决(事情)”。smoothly “顺利地”、 “圆满地”。
involved “有关的”。
I want it resolved smoothly.
resolve “解决”。
I want everything to work out smoothly.
I hope it will all work out.
(我希望事情一切顺利。)
我真希望情况会有所好转。
We're having real problems with one employee.
(我们的一个员工出了问题。)
I really hope that the situation will turn around.
(我真希望情况会有所好转。)
situation “情况”。turn around “ (形势等)好转”。
I hope that it works out.
(我希望进展顺利。)
work out “进展顺利”。
I sure hope the situation changes for the better.
sure也有“真正地”这一意思。




