I called a specialist for that reason.
不会花太长时间的。
How long will it take to fix the computer?
(修这台电脑需要多长时间?)
It shouldn't take long.
(不会花太长时间的。)
How long will it take to ...? “做……需要多长时间?”。fix “修理”。
long “长的”。
It won't take long.
(不会花太长时间。)
won't是will not的缩写, 表示“不会……”。
It should be finished shortly.
shortly “马上”。
问题已经解决了。
Have you dealt with the problem yet?
(问题处理完了吗?)
We've got it straightened out now.
(问题已经解决了。)
deal with ... “处理……”。
We've是We have的缩写。straighten out 意思是“解决”。
The problem's been taken care of.
take care of “处理”。
We worked it out.
work out “解决”。
We have it all worked out now.
你怎么解决的?
How did you work it out?
(你怎么解决的?)
We came to terms with each other.
(我们互相让步了。)
这里的work out指“解决”、 “解答”。
come to terms “妥协”。
How did you handle it?
handle “处理”。
How did it work out?
不管发生什么事都跟我没关系。
We might be merging.
(我们也许要合并。)
I won't care no matter what happens.
(不管发生什么事都跟我没关系。)
merge “合并”。
won't是will not的缩写。care 意思是“关心”、 “留意”。no matter what happens 意思是“不管发生什
么”。
I don't care what happens.
No matter what happens, I won't care.
随你的便。
I'm going to sue you.
(我会告你的。)
I couldn't care less what you do.
(随你的便。)
couldn't care less 意思是“一点也不会在意”。因为意思有可能理解反了, 所以需要注意。
You can do whatever you want.
(你想做什么就做什么。)
whatever “不管什么”、“无论什么事情”。
I don't care what you do.
(你做什么我无所谓。)
那有什么!
He was three minutes late.
(他迟到了3分钟。)
Big deal!
(那有什么!)
话里带有嘲笑、讽刺的意思。
It's no biggie!
biggie “重要的事情”。俚语。
It's not important!
我没法对那个负责。
The product was broken when we received it.
(我们收到这个产品的时候, 它已经坏了。)
I cannot bear responsibility for that.
(我没法对那个负责。)
bear responsibility “负责”。
I will not assume responsibility for that.
assume “承担”。
That is not my responsibility.
(那不是我的责任。)
惟一的解决办法就是上法庭。
Let's sit down and try to work this out.
(让我们坐下来想办法解决这个问题。)
The only way to settle this is in court.
(惟一的解决办法就是上法庭。)
sit down and ... “坐下来然后做……”。work out “解决”。
the only way “惟一的办法”。settle “解决”、 “使平静”。in court “在法庭”。
Going to court seems the only way to settle this.
We're going to have to go to court to settle this.
This will have to be settled in court.
我需要一辆牵引车。
I need a tow truck.
(我需要一辆牵引车。)
I'll call for one.
(我叫一辆。)
tow “用绳拉”。tow truck “ (故障车的)牵引车”。
I need to have my car towed.
(我得让牵引车把我的车拖走。)
I need a tow truck for my car.




