你没来真是太遗憾了。
I wish you were here.
(你没来真是太遗憾了。)
I really wanted to go with you.
(我真的很想跟你去的。)
直译是“你要在就好了”。通过电话等和不在现场的对方说的话。
I wish you could be here.
I wish you could have come.
It's not the same without you.
这事我做不了主。
Don't transfer me to Vietnam.
(不要把我调到越南去。)
It's beyond my control.
(这事我做不了主。)
It's out of my hands.
(这件事不归我管。)
out of one's hands “从……的手中离开”、 “脱离……的管辖”。
I have no say in the matter.
(在这件事上我没有发言权。)
have no say in ... “在……上没有发言权”。
没关系。
I'm sorry, you weren't chosen for the job.
(抱歉, 这份工作没有让你来做。)
It doesn't bother me.
(没关系。)
choose “选择”。
bother “使发愁”、 “使烦恼”。
They've decided to go with John's idea instead of yours.
(他们决定采纳约翰的意见而不是你的。)
I don't care. It's no big deal.
(无所谓。不是什么大不了的事。)
They've 是 They have的缩写。decide “决意”、“决定”。go with “同意”、 “进行”。instead of ...“代
替……”。
“I don't care.”是美国人常说的话, 表示“我无所谓”的意思。吵架时也使用。deal除了“交易”的意思外,
在big deal中表示“了不起的事情”。
I'm not bothered by it.
I don't mind. It's no trouble.
(我不介意。这不是问题。)
trouble “担心”、 “辛苦”。
It doesn't matter. It's nothing to worry about.
(没关系。没什么可担心的。)
worry “担心”、 “烦恼”。
没什么。
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take your sale away.
(对不起, 我没打算抢走你的生意。)
No hard feelings.
(没什么。)
hard feelings “反感”、 “仇恨”。“No hard feelings.”是习惯用语, 表示“我没想这么坏”、 “我不生气”、
“请不要介意”。
No problem.
Don't worry about it.
That's okay.
请不要担心。
I don't think we'll be able to deliver on time.
(我们恐怕没办法按时送货了。)
Please don't worry about that.
(请不要担心。)
on time “按时”。
worry about “担心……”。
Don't be concerned about that.
(别担心那个。)
be concerned about ... “担心……”、 “关心……”。
It's not a problem.
【 No的说法[1] 】
否定的说法有很多种, 但是, 很多情况下单用一个“No”字还不够充分或太过直接。下面我们就来看一下在
一些场合中能够更好地进行否定的短语。
◆ 别把我卷进去。
A: You talk to him.
(你替我和他说。)
B: Don't involve me.
(别把我卷进去。)
◆ 不要了。
A: Let's eat out.
(我们去外面吃吧。)
B: Let's not.
(不要了。)
◆ 我不想做。
A: Do this.
(你做吧。)
B: I don't want to.
(我不想做。)
◆ 不可能。
A: Finish this by Monday, okay?
(星期一前把它做完, 可以吗?)
B: Impossible.
(不可能。)
◆ 当然没有。
A: Do you have my book?
(你拿了我的书吗?)
B: Of course not.
(当然没有。)
◆ 现在不行。
A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以和你谈谈吗?)
B: Not now.
(现在不行。)




