帮一点忙也好。
I won't be able to help very much.
(我帮不上什么大忙。)
Every little bit helps.
(帮一点忙也好。)
be able to ... “能够做……”。
bit “稍许”、 “一点点”。
Each contribution helps.
contribution “捐赠”、 “贡献”。
Even the slightest effort helps.
slight意思是“一点点”, 直译是“哪怕一点点的努力也会有帮助”。
叫迈克过来见我。
Ask Mike to come to see me.
(叫迈克过来见我。)
Any particular time?
(什么时间好?)
ask ... to ... “叫……做……”。
particular “特别的”。
I'd like Mike to come see me.
Tell Mike I want to see him.
请把这个告诉他。
What should I tell him?
(我应该告诉他些什么?)
Please tell him this.
(请把这个告诉他。)
说完“Please tell ... this”之后, 就可以说想要告知的内容了。
Please tell him the following things.
(请告诉他下面的事情。)
the following “下面的”、 “ 以下的”、 “接下来的”。
Please give him this message.
(请给他带个口信。)
message “ 口信”、 “传话”。
Please let him know that ...
我会给你一个机会。
I'll give you a chance at it.
(我会给你一个机会。)
I'm grateful to you.
(谢谢你。)
grateful “感谢的”、 “感激的”。
I'll give you a shot at it.
I'll let you try for it.
(我会让你试一试。)
叫你的老板在这封信上签个字, 好吗?
Did you need me for something?
(你需要我做什么吗?)
Will you ask your boss to sign this letter?
(叫你的老板在这封信上签个字, 好吗?)
Will you ...? “……好吗?”、 “请你……”, 表示托付和邀请。
Please ask your boss to sign this letter.
I need you to get your boss to sign this letter.
get ... to ... “让……做……”。




