我本不想麻烦你, 不过……
I hate to impose, but could you type this?
(我本不想麻烦你, 不过你能帮我把这个打出来吗?)
Sure. I have time this afternoon.
(可以, 下午我有时间。)
直译是“我讨厌强迫人, 但是……”。impose “征收”、 “强迫”。type指“打字”。
I hate to ask, but ...
(我讨厌求人, 但是……)
I wish I didn't have to ask, but ...
(我希望我不用求人, 可是……)
我们就想找点门路。
All we want is to get a foot in the door.
(我们就想找点门路。)
Call my friend. He has connections.
(给我的朋友打电话。他有一些关系。)
get a foot in the door “把脚踏进门里边”, 也就是“获得加入(特别难参加的会等)的机会”。
connection “有实力的朋友”、 “关系”、 “门路”。
We just need a foot in the door.
All we want is a chance.
(我们想要的就是个机会。)
All we need is an introduction.
(我们希望能给介绍一下。)
introduction “介绍”、 “引荐”。
首先, 请写上你的姓名。
Can you help me fill out this form?
(能帮我填一下这张表格吗?)
First, write down your first and last name.
(首先, 请写上你的姓名。)
first name “名”。last name “姓”。
First, write your full name down.
(首先, 写上你的全名。)
First, put your full name down.
(首先, 把你的全名写上去。)
这里的put指“填上”。
让我们使劲干吧。
Let's put some elbow grease into it.
(让我们使劲干吧。)
I'm with you on that.
(好吧。)
elbow grease的意思是“体力活”, 因此也可以用它表示“辛苦的工作”、 “吃力的工作”、 “繁重的工作”。
I'm with you. 用于同意对方的话的时候。
Let's give it all we got.
Let's go the extra mile.
go the extra mile习惯用语, 表示“特别努力”。
你答应过你会接受它。
You promised that you would accept it.
(你答应过你会接受它。)
I never promised anything.
(我从来没有答应任何事。)
“答应”就是promise。accept是“接受”的意思, 带有“乐意接受”、 “收下”、 “好心(积极地)收下礼物(提
案)等”的含义在里面。
You said you would take it.
You said you would oblige.
oblige “为别人做某事”、 “施恩惠”。
You agreed to accept it.
agree to ... “同意……”。




