我死也不会那么做。
I need you to help me steal these files.
(我需要你帮我去偷这些文件。)
I would rather die than do that.
(我死也不会那么做。)
would rather ... than ... “和……相比宁愿……”。
I'd rather die than do such a thing.
I'd never do anything like that.
(我从来不会做那样的事。)
我才不会上那当呢。
That trick won't work on me.
(我才不会上那当呢。)
You can't blame me for trying.
(我只是试试而已。)
trick “企图”、 “策略”。work on ... “进展顺利”、 “作用于……”、 “给……以影响”。
You can't trick me like that.
(我才不信呢。)
That's the oldest trick in the book.
(那是老掉牙的把戏。)
习惯用语。
我等不了一个月。
Please wait a month.
(请等一个月。)
I can't wait a month.
(我等不了一个月。)
I don't have a month.
A month is too long to wait.
(等一个月太长了。)
too “很”。long “长的”。
我怀疑两天能干完。
Could you finish in two days?
(两天内可以干完吗?)
I doubt two days would do it.
(我怀疑两天能干完。)
doubt “怀疑”、 “难以相信”。
Two days wouldn't give us enough time.
(两天时间不够用。)
We can't go over everything in two days.
(两天之内干不完所有的事情。)
很遗憾我两点到不了。
The meeting's at two.
(会议两点开始。)
I'm afraid I can't make it at two.
(很遗憾我两点到不了。)
这里的afraid指“很遗憾”。make it 指“完成”、 “来得及”。
I'm afraid I can't be there at two.
直译是“很遗憾我两点到不了那儿”。
Two doesn't work for me.
对同事说的话。
我无法接受这个提案。
I can't accept the proposal.
(我无法接受这个提案。)
Is there anything we can do to change your mind?
(我们怎么做才能让你改变主意呢?)
accept 指“接受”, “拒绝”、 “辞去”等相反意思用decline表示。
change one's mind “改变主意”。
The proposal is unacceptable.
unacceptable “无法接受的”。
The proposal is unsuitable.
unsuitable “不合适的”。
I have to decline the proposal.
(我不得不否定这个提案。)




