我们得把这件事说清楚。
Let's get this straight.
(我们得把这件事说清楚。)
Okay, tell me once more.
(好, 请再说一遍。)
Let's get this clear.
Let's be clear.
I want to be sure we understand each other.
(我想确认我们互相都清楚了。)
sure “确信”。each other “互相”。
你能把那一点再阐明一下吗?
Can you clarify that point?
(你能把那一点再阐明一下吗?)
What part isn't clear?
(哪里还不清楚?)
clarify “阐明”。point “要点”、 “重点”。
clear “清楚的”。
I'd like you to clarify that point.
Please clarify that point.
请你解释一下那个可以吗?
Could you explain that, please?
(请你解释一下那个可以吗?)
What part don't you understand?
(哪一部分你还不清楚?)
Could you ..., please? “请你做……可以吗?”。explain “说明”、 “解释”。
I don't understand that.
(我不明白那一点。)
Could you make it a little clearer?
(你能说得更明确一点吗?)
make it a little clearer “更明确一点”。
你能再解释一遍吗?
Would you explain it again?
(你能再解释一遍吗?)
From what part?
(从哪部分开始?)
Would you go over that again?
go over “重复”。
Could you go through that again?
go through “重复”。
请你说慢一点好吗?
Could you slow down, please?
(请你说慢一点好吗?)
Excuse me. I always talk too fast.
(对不起。我总是说得太快。)
slow down “放慢速度”。
always 意思是“总是”。“说话快”用talking quickly或fast talking来表示。
Could you speak more slowly, please?
more slowly “再慢点儿”。
Please slow down.
(请慢点说。)
Please speak slowly.
(请说得慢点儿。)
Please don't speak so quickly.
(请不要说那么快。)
quickly “快地”。
关于这件事你能多告诉我一些情况吗?
Can you tell me more about it?
(关于这件事你能多告诉我一些情况吗?)
Do you have time?
(你有时间吗?)
要求进一步说明时的表达方式。Can you tell me ...? “你能告诉我……吗?”。
We covered lots of things in the meeting.
(我们在会上谈论了很多事情。)
Could you give me more details?
(能告诉我更多的细节吗?)
detail “细节”、 “详情”。
Could you explain that in more detail?
(你能更具体地解释一下吗?)
in more detail “更详细地”。
I'd like for you to tell me more about it.
直译是“我希望你能告诉我更多的情况”。
Could you tell me in more detail?
in detail “详细地”。
Could you be more specific?
(你能说得更明确一些吗?)
specific “明确的”。




