姑且问问吧。
I'm not sure they'll want to cooperate.
(我不敢肯定他们有合作的意愿。)
The worst thing they can say is no.
(姑且问问吧。)
be sure “确定”。cooperate “合作”、 “协作”。
直译是“最坏的结果就是他们说不”, 意思也就是“做好最坏的心理准备姑且问问看”、 “说不定会有好的
答复”。
There's no harm in asking.
(问问又不会有什么坏处。)
harm “受害”、 “伤害”。
It doesn't hurt to ask.
(问问也不会有什么麻烦。)
All they can say is no.
他正是你首先要找的人。
Do I call John if I have a question regarding the product?
(关于这个产品如果我有问题是打电话找约翰吗?)
He's the one to contact first.
(他正是你首先要找的人。)
regarding “关于……”。product “产品”。
one替代前面出现的名词, 表示“……的东西(人)”。contact指“联系”。first指“第一”、 “最初”。
He's the one to talk to first.
He would be the first one to contact.
不着急。
I'll get this out right away.
(我马上就办。)
There's no hurry.
(不着急。)
get ... out “办完……”。right away “马上”。
There's是There is的缩写。hurry 意思是“匆忙”。
Take your time. (你慢慢来。)
There's no rush.
rush “急忙”。
数量比质量更重要。
Quantity rather than quality.
(数量比质量更重要。)
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
(不是应该相反吗?)
... rather than ... “……胜于……”。quantity “数量”。quality “质量”。
Quantity over quality.
over “超过”。
Quantity is valued more than quality.
value “评价”。more than ... “超过……”。
我们会按计划进行。
We'll proceed the way we planned.
(我们会按计划进行。)
I'm glad we can finally get started.
(我很高兴我们终于可以开始了。)
proceed “进行”。the way “方法”、 “做法”。
be glad “高兴的”。get started “开始”。
We'll proceed the way we proposed.
propose “计划(做……事情)”。
We'll proceed as planned.
如果你有什么问题就尽管问我好了。
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.
(如果你有什么问题就尽管问我好了。)
That's very kind of you.
(你真好。)
hesitate to ... “犹豫做……”。
If there's anything you don't understand, please ask me.
Let me know if you have any questions.
如果你有什么需要, 尽管告诉我。
Thank you for your time and help.
(谢谢你花时间帮我。)
If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask.
(如果你有什么需要, 尽管告诉我。)
I'm here if you need anything.
I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
(只要我能办到, 我都很乐意帮忙。)
If you experience any problems, please just ask for help.
(如果你遇到什么难题, 就尽管开口。)
Feel free to ask if you need any help.
feel free to ... “毫无顾虑地做……”、 “放松地做……”。
请小心轻放。
Is this package fragile?
(这个包裹是易碎品吗?)
Yes, handle it with care, please.
(是, 请小心轻放。)
handle “处理”。with care “仔细地”、 “小心地”。
Please be careful with it.
Handle it gently, please.
在电话簿里找找。
How do I find the phone number for the restaurant?
(我怎么才能找到那家饭店的电话号码?)
Look it up in the yellow pages.
(在电话簿里找找。)
look up “查阅”、 “ (在字典等处)查找”。yellow pages “按行业分类的电话簿”。因为纸张是黄色的,
所以这么称呼。
Check the yellow pages.
It's in the restaurant section of the yellow pages.
(它应该在电话簿的饭店那一类里。)
“Let your fingers do the walking” through the yellow pages.
美国的广告语。没有什么特别的意思。表达“请查电话簿”时会用到这个说法, 在美国常常可以听到这句
话。“”是用来表示强调的。
我们应该公平交易。
Let's play fair.
(我们应该公平交易。)
I'm sorry. I'll stop cheating.
(对不起。我不再搞欺骗了。)
fair “公正”、 “公平”。也就是说“不搞欺诈”。
I think we should charge them more.
(我认为我们应该向他们多收取些费用。)
Let's be fair about it.
(在这件事上我们应该公平。)
charge “收取”。
Stick to the rules.
(请严格遵守规则。)
stick to ... “严格遵守……”。
Let's do the right thing.
(让我们堂堂正正地做事吧。)
right “正确的”。
Don't cheat.
(不要欺骗。)
Please play fair.
报告、联络或商谈




