我们已经退出来了。
Are you still involved in the project?
(你们还参与那个项目吗?)
No, we pulled out.
(不, 我们已经退出来了。)
pull out “退出”。
We gave up on it.
(我们已经放弃了。)
give up on ... “放弃……”。
We decided to forget it.
(我们决定不再提它了。)
We decided not to go through with it.
(我们决定不干了。)
go through with ... “做完……”。
一遍就能做好的事情我却做了两遍。
It took me twice to do something that could have been done once.
(一遍就能做好的事情我却做了两遍。)
What a waste of time!
(真是浪费时间!)
I didn't need to do it twice.
(我真不该再做一遍。)
I did it twice, even though it could have been done only once.
不怎么样。
How do you feel about the presentation you made today?
(你觉得你今天的口头报告怎么样?)
There's nothing to be proud of.
(不怎么样。)
nothing “没什么”。be proud of “骄傲”。
I don't feel proud about it.
There's nothing to feel proud about.
白跑了一趟。
Did you go to the warehouse today?
(你今天去仓库了吗?)
Yes, but it turned out to be a wasted trip.
(去了, 不过白跑了一趟。)
turn out ... “证明为……”、 “结果是……”。wasted “浪费的”、 “没用的”。
It turned out to be a wild-goose chase.
wild-goose chase “徒劳之举”。
The trip turned out to be a waste of time.
(纯属浪费时间。)
我被人敲了竹杠。
Did the deal go well?
(生意不错吧?)
No, I got ripped off.
(哪儿呀, 我被人敲了竹杠。)
deal “生意”、 “合同”。
rip off “敲竹杠”、 “剥削”。
I was cheated.
(我被骗了。)
cheat “欺骗”。
I got a rotten deal.
(我做了一笔很烂的生意。)
rotten “腐烂的”、 “糟糕的”。
这是恶性循环。
Expenses keep rising.
(花销不断攀升。)
It's a vicious circle.
(这是恶性循环。)
expenses “开支”。
vicious circle “恶性循环”。
It never ends.
It goes round and round.
round and round “一圈又一圈”。
你看到了……
As you can see, I'm rather busy now.
(你看到了, 我现在非常忙。)
I won't disturb you, then.
(那我就不打搅你了。)
“as ...” 有“像……一样”、 “一边做……”、 “因为……”等多种意思。rather指“很”、 “相当”、 “颇”。
disturb “打搅”。
As You've noticed, ...
(你也注意到了……)
notice “注意”、 “觉察”。
It's pretty apparent ...
(显而易见……)
pretty “很”、 “相当”。apparent “明白的”、 “明显的”。




