记住……
Remember, the meeting's at 1∶00.
(记住, 会议定在1点钟。)
I won't forget.
(我不会忘的。)
用于提醒人不要忘记某事。
Don't forget, Mr. Smith is joining us.
(不要忘了, 史密斯先生要参加进来。)
I won't.
(我不会忘的。)
Keep in mind, ...
直译是“记在心里”。
Please remember, ...
Bear in mind, ...
趁着还没忘记我说一下……
Before I forget, the meeting has been changed to 3 p.m.
(趁着还没忘记我说一下, 会改在了下午3点开。)
Thanks for informing me.
(谢谢你告诉我。)
forget “忘记”。
So that I don't forget, ...
so that “为了”。
Let me say ... before I forget.
顺便说一下……
Incidentally, I scheduled the meeting.
(顺便说一下, 会议时间我安排好了。)
Good. I'll be there.
(好的。我会参加的。)
即使是重要的事情, 用这种方式表达可以使语气缓和一些。
By the way, ... (顺便说一下……)
Come to think of it, ... (想起来了……)
就像我说过的……
Come to my party tonight.
(今晚来参加我的聚会吧。)
Thank you. But as I was saying, I need to attend a meeting tonight.
(谢谢。不过就像我说过的, 今晚我要开一个会。)
as ... “按照……”、 “像……一样”。
As I mentioned earlier, ...
mention “提及”。
As I said before, ...
Like I was saying, ...
如果那样的话……
I won't be in tomorrow.
(我明天不上班。)
If that's the case, I'll be here.
(如果那样的话, 我会在。)
In that case, ...
直译是“那样的话”。
If that's true, ...
(如果那是真的……)
不管怎么样……
Anyway, when was that convention?
(不管怎么样, 大会什么时候开的?)
Last weekend.
(上周末。)
So, we were thinking we'd hire her.
(总之, 我们打算录用她。)
I think that's a great idea.
(我认为这是一个好主意。)
回到正题, 或改变、结束话题时, 表示“无论如何”。
Anyhow, ...
In any case, ...
At any rate, ...
顺便问一下……
By the way, when is he due to arrive?
(顺便问一下, 他什么时候到?)
Ten o'clock this morning.
(今天上午10点。)
due to ... “预定……”。
Oh, and ...
Incidentally, ...
原则上……
Can I take a vacation next week?
(下周我可以休假吗?)
As a rule, we require three week's notice.
(原则上, 我们要求提前3周请假。)
as a rule “原则上”。require “要求”。notice “通知”。
Usually, ...
(通常……)
Generally, ...
(一般来说……)
我已经知道了。
Let me tell you about our latest meeting.
(我来告诉你最新会议的内容。)
I've heard about it.
(我已经知道了。)
I've already heard about it.
I've heard all about it already.
I've already been informed.
inform “通知”。




