那和汤姆有什么关系?
What does it have to do with Tom?
(那和汤姆有什么关系?)
It was all his idea.
(都是他的主意。)
have to do with ... “和……有关系”。
What does Tom have to do with it?
How does that have anything to do with Tom?
How does that concern Tom?
concern “和……有关系”。
I don't understand what that has to do with Tom.
(我不知道那和汤姆会有什么关系。)
你知道是什么会吗?
We're having a meeting tonight.
(我们今晚有一个会。)
Do you know what it's about?
(你知道是什么会吗?)
What do you think it's about?
Do you have any idea what it's about?
你说什么?
What did you say?
(你说什么?)
I said it's time to go.
(我说该走了。)
Excuse me?
Sorry?
Pardon me?
I beg your pardon?
你说是什么时候?
We're having a meeting June 20th.
(6月20号我们有一个会。)
When did you say it was?
(你说是什么时候?)
漏听了某些重要内容时的表达方式。
When was that?
I missed that. Could you repeat the date?
(我没听见。你能不能把日期再说一遍?)
miss “漏听”、 “漏掉”。
……是什么意思?
What does P/L stand for?
(P/L是什么意思?)
It stands for profit and loss.
(意思是利润和亏损。)
stand for ... “代表……”。
profit “利润”。loss “损失”。
What does ... mean?
mean “意思是”。
What is ...?
你认为那有可能吗?
You should hire Mr. Jones.
(你应该雇琼斯先生。)
Do you think that's possible?
(你认为那有可能吗?)
possible “有可能的”。
Do you think that's feasible?
feasible “可行的”、 “可能的”。
Can we do that?
你为什么那么认为?
I believe the merger will fall through.
(我认为合并会失败。)
What makes you think so?
(你为什么那么认为?)
merger “合并”。fall through “以失败告终”、 “不成功”。
直译是“是什么使你那样认为?”。so “那样”。
What makes you say that?
What gives you that impression?
impression “印象”、 “想法”。
Why do you think that?
你们给我们什么价钱?
What are you offering us?
(你们给我们什么价钱?)
We are offering you half off.
(我们给你们半价。)
offer “报价”。
What is your offer?
What are you proposing?
(你给我们什么建议?)
propose “建议”。
你不是当真的吧?
You aren't answering the phones politely enough.
(你接电话不够有礼貌。)
You don't mean that, do you?
(你不是当真的吧?)
mean “意思是”、 “ (按……意图)说”。
Do you really mean that?
Do you really think so?
Are you serious?
(你是认真的?)
我没听懂他的解释。
I didn't catch his explanation.
(我没听懂他的解释。)
I'll explain it to you.
(我会给你解释的。)
catch “明白”、 “听懂”。explanation “说明”。
I didn't get his explanation.
I didn't understand his explanation.
I couldn't hear his explanation.
我说过吗?
You told me to take Monday off, remember?
(你告诉我星期一要请假的, 还记得吗?)
Did I say that?
(我说过吗?)
Is that what I said?
I don't remember saying that.
(我不记得说过那样的话。)




