不干不行了。
I feel like calling it quits.
(我想不干了。)
The show must go on.
(不干不行了。)
feel like ...ing 觉得想做……。
直译是活动必须进行下去。go on指继续。
There's no stopping now.
(现在可停不下来。)
There is no ...ing. 根本不可能……。
We need to finish what we started.
(已经开始的事情我们必须把它做完。)
我是认真的。
You can't be serious.
(你不是认真的吧。)
I mean it.
(我是认真的。)
serious 认真的。
mean 打算。
I'm serious.
I'm not joking.
(我不是开玩笑。)
反意为:I don't mean it.
(我在开玩笑。)
你又不是我老板。
You should be working harder.
(你应该工作再努力些。)
You're not my boss.
(你又不是我老板。)
boss 上司、 头儿。
You are not my superior.
superior 上司、 上级。
I don't work for you.
(我不是你的手下。)
别对我发号施令。
I want you to clean your office.
(希望你把办公室打扫干净。)
Don't boss me around.
(别对我发号施令。)
boss 表现的语气一般较为轻蔑, 意思是颐指气使、 把……差来遣去。
Don't talk to me like you're my boss.
(说话别一副好像是我老板的样子。)
Don't try to order me around.
(别对我呼来喝去的。)
order ... around 对某人呼来喝去。
Don't speak to me in that tone of voice.
(别用那样的语气和我说话。)
Don't talk to me in a commanding voice.
a commanding voice 威逼的语气、 命令的口吻。
我才不信这种谣言。
They say the Dow will collapse.
(他们说道琼斯指数要暴跌。)
I don't believe the rumors.
(我才不信这种谣言。)
It's just a rumor.
(那只是谣言。)
Those reports are unreliable.
(那些报告不可信。)
unreliable 不可信赖的。
没人遵守规则。
No one's following the rules.
(没人遵守规则。)
Who's responsible for that?
(谁对这个负责?)
no one ... 没有人……。follow the rules 遵守规则。
be responsible for ... 对……负责。
The rules are not being followed.
The rules are not being obeyed.
obey 遵守。
要不是为了工作, 我才不愿意住这里。
Why are you still living here?
(为什么你还住在这里?)
If it weren't for my job, I wouldn't be living here.
(要不是为了工作, 我才不愿意住这里。)
I would move if it weren't for my job.
(要不是为了工作, 我也许就搬了。)
I wouldn't be living here if it weren't for my job.




