Unit9-2 逛夜市
夜市可是台弯文化很重要的一部分,在夜市里我们怎么让外国客户了解夜市的各种特色与逛夜市的乐趣呢?让我们来看看吧。
Holy cow!我的老天!
这是一个惊叹用语,经常用于口语当中表达看到不可思议的事物时的惊讶之感。
Holy cow!I just won the lottery?
我的老天!我中乐透了!
get lucky…在某方面有好运
除了表示在某方面得到好运气外-这个说法也用于男性与女性的关系有更深入的进展。
I might get lucky with Silvia tonigtIt,she's coming over to watch a movie.
我今天也许能够跟席维亚成就好事,她晚上要过来我这儿看电影。
Rule of thumb…首要原则是……
thumb是拇指之意,而这个短语是用来表示做某件事或者进行某种活动时所要遵守的第一要则。
Rule of thumb when drivingis,don't stick your head out of the window.
开车的首要规则是,别把你的头伸出窗外。
模拟对话
The evening has just begun夜晚正要开始
Tom: Holy cow,it's so crowded here.
汤姆:我的老天!这里好多人喔!
Jerry: Well,night markets have become a part of the culture, and not just a place to grab a late night snack. Locals and people from all over the world come to visit them.
杰瑞:你瞧,汤姆,夜市不只是一个来吃宵夜的地方,它已经成为一种文化现象了,当地人及来自世界各地的人都会来这儿。
Tom: I see. Hey,look at those clothes over there,they're all famous brand names,are they fake?
汤姆:原来如此.你看那边那些衣服,他们都是名牌货,是假的吗?
Jerry: Fake is such a strong word,imitation is what I'd call it. Who knows,you might get lucky and find a real one.
杰瑞:说他们是假的有点奇怪,我会说他们是仿造的,但是谁知道你会不会很幸运地买到真品呢。
Tom: Let me go find out how much that shirt costs.
汤姆:我们过去看看那件衬衫多少钱吧。
Jerry: Just a piece of advice before you ask.Rule of thumb;bargain for half price and if they say no,walk away.
杰瑞:你要去问之前我先给你个建议。首要原则是先把价格 至一半,要是他们说不,就走人。
Tom: Now I know why your company has remained so dominant for so long.
汤姆:现在我了解到贵公司为何能独领风骚了。
词汇解说
fake (adj.)假的、冒充的
imitation (adj.)模仿
bargain(v.i.)讨价还价、商讨
dominant (adj.)占优势的、支配的




