Unit15-2 夜生活
夜生活的重头戏之一是夜店,也是外国客户不会错过的地方,我们当然要学学跟夜店相关的事物怎么用英文表达喽!
have a better idea…在……方面有更好的点子、想法、主意、意见
这个说法通常用于当某个意见已被提出,而某人立即有更好的主意时。
He has a better idea about what we should eat for dinner.
关于晚餐,他有更好的主意。
not too much of…不太有……的倾向
当我们想表达某人对于某事物的兴趣不太浓或者不太具有某方面的倾向时,经常用这个说法。
I'm not too much of a baseball fan.
不太迷棒球。
in that case…既然那样
这个短语是用以表示某个决定或状态因为某个原因而有所改变。
A:Sue is allergic to veggies.
苏对蔬菜过敏。
B:In that case,let's all have a barbeque.
既然这样,我们就吃烤肉吧。
模拟对话
Night owls夜猫族
Tom:erry,you want to go out for some late night exercise?
汤姆:杰瑞。你想要去做点夜间运动吗?
Jerry:What?Well,there are 24-hour gyms that we can go to,but I have a better idea:let's go clubbing.
杰瑞:什么?的确是有24小时的健身房,不过我有更好的主意,我们去夜店吧。
Tom:Oh,that's a great idea,but I'm not too much of a dancer.Those nightclubs can get a little wild with all the alcohol and dancing.
汤姆:喔,好主意,不过我不太会跳舞,那些充满酒精及舞蹈的夜店肯定有些狂野。
Jerry:Oh,in that case we could go to a lounge.We can sit,relax,and chat.
杰瑞:既然这样,我们就去沙龙吧。我们可以坐下来放松、聊天。
Tom:But we were supposed to cxercise.
汤姆:可是我们打算要运动啊。
Jerry:Oh yeah, I forgot, how about a nightclub with a live band?You can dance without worrying about hangovers because these clubs are more fo-cused on music.
杰瑞:喔,对,我都忘了,那我们到有现场乐团演奏的夜总会怎么样?你可以在旁边跳舞,不用担心宿醉,因为在那类夜店的重点是音乐,不是酒。
Tom:Sure,that's a great idea!
汤姆:好,这是个好主意。
词汇解说
go clubbing (v.)去夜总会、上夜店
lounge (n.)休息室、沙龙
live band (n.)现场演奏的乐团
hangover (n.)宿醉




