Unit20-1 流行文化
外国客户在此地生活一段时间后,必然也注意起这儿的流行文化,最显著的事物非流行音乐莫属,让我们来看看汤姆跟杰瑞谈到流行音乐时说些什么吧。
What are you listening to…?你在听什么呢?
这句话用以询问他人正在听什么音乐。注意可别说成了“What are you hearing?”
What are listening to? A CD or the radio?
你正在听什么呢?CD还是广播?
Oh my goodness…我的老天……
这句话是用来表达惊讶或震惊之情。
Oh my goodness,I can't believe that.
我的老天,我真是不敢相信。
telling the wrong guy…你找错对象了……
当我们想表达对方所谈论的事情自己并不能理解、不感兴趣或涉猎不多时,可以说这句话。
You are telling the wrong guy I really don't care about you and your hobbies.
你找错对象了,我真的不在乎你以及你的嗜好。
模拟对话
Being local融入当地文化
Jerry:Are thoseh headhpones you have on?What are you listening to?
杰瑞:你头上戴的是耳机吗?你在听什么?
Tom:I'm listening to the Asia Music Billboard top hundred.
汤姆:我在听亚洲音乐排行榜前一百名歌曲。
Jerry:You're what?Oh my goodness,you're becoming a local,Not saying theres anything wrong with that,just that you are fitting in better than I thought.
杰瑞:你在听什么?我的老天,你都快要变成当地人了。并不是说这样有什么不好,只是-你适应的情况比我想使得要好。
Tom:I'm noticing sometbing in this music.Although there's rock,pop, slow songs and R&B,there's a certain simijarity to all of them.I think a lot of it is influenced by western music.
汤姆:这些音乐让我注意到一件事.虽然里头有摇滚,流行,慢歌及饶舌等不同类型的歌曲,但是都有一种类似的感觉。我想他们受到西方不少的影响。
Jerry:You're telling the wrong guy, I really don't know much about this.
杰瑞:你这可找错对象了,我对这些玩意儿了解不多。
Tom:You know you should really get yourself to a CD store You can buy music from all over the wodd.You just can't live without music,man.
汤姆:你知道吗,你真的得到唱片行去逛逛,里头可以买到来自世界各地的音乐。老兄,你的生活可不能没有音乐。
Jerry:Fine!Let's go to a CD store now.
杰瑞:好吧!我们这就去唱片行吧。
词汇解说
headphones (n.)头戴式耳机
music billboard (n.)音乐捧行榜
local (n.)当地人




