Unit24 请吃饭
想要邀请别人一起就餐,可既不知道别人是否有时间赏光,又不知晓对方的口味。怎样开口才能既不显得突兀,并能为对方点出满意的菜肴呢?
Would you be interebed in…你有兴趣……
邀请别人做某事时,可以用类似开头语来征求对方意见,这种表达方式不那么直接,因此不会给对方太大压力。
Would you be interebed in coming to the cinema with me tonight?
你今晚有空和我一起去看电影吗?
I'd love to but I am working late tonight.
我真的很想去,可是今天晚上会工作到很晚呢。
lt's my treat.我请客。
当你请别人吃饭,付账的时候,就可以这么和对方说了。不过在买单前要保证自己有足够的钱哦,否则就糗大了。类似表达还有:It's on me.和Be my guest.
模拟对话
Be my guest请吃饭
Tom:Would you be interebed in dinner with me?
汤姆:我今晚想邀请你吃晚饭,不知你是否有空?
Jerry:Thank you for your invitation.I am free tonight.
杰瑞:谢谢你的邀请,我今晚有空。
Tom:Which food would you lilce best? Chinese food or western food?
汤姆:你喜欢吃哪种莱?中餐还是西餐?
Jerry:I prefer some traditional Chinese food.
杰瑞:我想来点中国的传统菜。
Tom:Ok,I'm going to the hotel to pick you up at 7 0'clock .
汤姆:好的,我晚上7:00去饭店接你。
Jerry:Thank you.I'll wait for you.
杰瑞:谢谢,我等你。
(at a restaurant)(餐厅)
Tom:Please give me a table for two. I want a seat by the window.
汤姆:请给两人的座位,要靠窗的位置。
Waiter:This way,please.
侍者:这边请。
(ready to order)(点餐)
Tom:what would you like to drink? Beer,coffee or some tea?
汤姆:喝点什么?啤酒,咖啡还是茶?
Jerry:Tea would be fine.
杰瑞:来点儿茶吧。
Tom:Ok.A pot of Dragon Well.
汤姆:好。请来壶龙井。
TOM:What would you like to eat?
汤姆:你想吃点什么?
JERRY:I wanna some Yang Chow Fried Rice and West Lake Beef Soup.
杰瑞:给我来份扬州炒饭和西湖牛肉奠吧。
Tom:Great.Those are the specials of this restaurant.
汤姆:不错.这可是这家饭店的招牌菜呀。
(pay the bill)(结账)
Tom:would you like anything else?
汤姆:还要点儿别的吗?
Jerry:No.I am fine.
杰瑞:不要了,我吃好了。
TOM:Attendant,please give me the bill.
汤姆:服务生,请给我账单。
Jerry:It's expensive so let's go Dutch,ok?
杰瑞:这么贵,咱们还是从吧。
Tom:It is my treat.
汤姆:别客气,我请客。
词汇解说
a seat by the window (ph.)靠窗的位子
the specials/specialty (ph.)招牌菜
West Lake Beef Soup (ph.)西湖牛肉奠
Yang Chow Fried Rice (ph.)扬州炒饭
go Dutch (pb.) AA制
my treat (ph.)我买单




