Unit25-2 减肥
对于减重这个话题,我们的主人和客人有一些想法,让我们来瞧瞧哪些有用,哪些没用吧。
believe it or not…信不信由你
当你要告诉某人一件很难相信的事时可以这么说。
Believe it or not,she's actually a he.
信不信由你,她其实是一个男的。
How is it possible…?怎么可能会……
用在“听到一些令人难以置信的事并想知道原因”的时候。
How is it possible that you give the speech in two places at the same time?
你怎么可能同一时间在两个不同的地方演讲?
I told you so…我告诉过你了
通常是用在“某人警告他人某件事,而最后这件事也成真”的情况。
I told you so,but don't say I did't warn you.
我跟你说过了,别说我没警告你。
模拟对话
Exercising is the best way运动最有效
Tom:You look very tit,have you always been like this?
汤姆:你看起来满健康的,你一直都这样吗?
Jerry:Believe it or not,I once weighed over 200 pounds.
杰瑞:我曾一度重达200磅,信不信由你。
Tom:I can 't believe it,how is it possible?
汤姆:我不相信,怎么可能?
Martin:It's true.I've seen a picture of him back in those days.
马丁:那是真的,我亲眼看过他那时候的照片。
Jerry:I told you so.Well,back in my college years,I did nothing but sit around and study.I ate whenever I studied,and before I knew it,I barely fit through the door.
杰瑞:我说吧。我在大学的时候,除了坐着念书之外啥都不做,只要我在念书,我的嘴就没停过。在我有警觉心之前,我差点肥到过不了门了。
Tom:How did you lose all that weight?
汤姆:你后来怎么摆脱那些肥肉的?
Jerry:I tried everything like diet pills,diet supplements,eating nothing...,but in the end the only thing that worked was exercising and working out.
杰瑞:我试过各种方法,像是减肥药、补给品、断食,不过,到最后唯一有用的是运动和健身。
Tom:You're telling me you lost all that weight just by exercising?
汤姆:你的意思是你能瘦下来全是靠运动的关系?
Jerry:Yeah,but believe me.it wasn't easy.
杰瑞:对呀,不过,相信我,这可不容易做到。
词汇解说
fit (adj.)健康的
weigh (v.t.)有……的重量
pill (n.)药丸
supplement (n.)补给品
work out (ph.)健身




