Unit27-2 评论公司员工
同一家公司的人总有许多不同的物质,有人负责、有人混水摸鱼;有人勤奋、在人天才,如何用英语讨论不同的类型的员工也是必学的功课。
I wish I could say the same…但愿我也能这样说,但愿我的情况也是这样
当别人谈起一个情况是自己所向往的,而自己所遭遇的情况并非那样时,可以用这句话表达。
A:I heard Lydia is getting married next month.
我听说丽蒂雅下个月要结婚了!
B:That's great!
太棒了!
A:I wish I could say the same.
真希望我也能结婚。
sorry to hear that…听到……我觉得很遗憾
当我们要对别人所提及的事情表达遗憾或同情时,通常会这么说。
I'm sorry to hear that your sister was in a car accident.
很遗憾听到你妹妹发生了车祸。
模拟对话
What's with procrastinators因循苟且的同事
Jerry:You know,I'm really grateful to be working amongst some of the most talented people in this industry.
杰瑞:你知道,我很高兴能够跟业界量有才能的一些人一起工作。
Tom:I wish I could say the same about the people in my company.
汤姆:但愿我公司里的同事也能带给我同样的感觉。
Jerry:What's wrong?
杰瑞:怎么了?
Tom:My boss is one of the nicest guys out there. But the prroblem is,when it comes to selecting employees he is clucless. A lot of people in my company are slackers who procrastinate because they are very inrespon-sible.
汤姆:我们老板是一个量好心的人,但问题是.当我们谈到挑选工作伙伴时,他完全一无所知,我们公司里有许多人都很没有责任感,爱混水摸鱼,又老爱拖延时间。
Jerry:Oh,that's terrible.I'm sorry to hear that.But I'm sure there are some coworkers who are dedicated to their work like yourself.
杰瑞:这真是太糟了,我很遗憾听到这样的事.但是我相信一定还是有一些同事跟你一样对工作尽心尽力。
Tom:Thank you Jerry,but I just hope day the boss realizes that he's losing money by employing these people.and fires them.
汤姆:谢谢你,杰瑞,我只是希望老板有一天能了解到这些人一直让他亏钱,然后把他们给开除。
词汇解说
slacker (n.)偷懒的人
procrastinate (v.i.)延迟\耽搁
dedicate (v.t.)奉献




