Unit29-1 公司福利
公司里有个员工离职了,原因是他不满意公司的待遇。谈论到福利制度,有哪些用语和词汇是我们应该学会的呢?看看这段对话吧。
What's with the sad face…?你怎么看起来不太高兴?
当我们发觉别人脸色与平常有异,似乎心情不好时,就能以这句话关心询问他人。
What's with the sad face?You look like you've Just lost your job.
脸色怎么这么坏?你看起来好像刚丢掉一个工作似的。
between you and me…只有你跟我知道……
当我们要告知别人一件事,希望对方保密时,经常会先说这句话。
Just between you and me,how much do you get paid?
告诉我就好(我会保密),你的薪水是多少?
The whole nine yards…一应俱全
此为描述一切事物都准备妥当或什么都不缺时。
He bought her a cake,flowers,a ring,The whole nine yards.
他为她买了蛋糕、花及戒指,总之什么都有了。
模拟对话
The whole nine yards什么福利也不缺
Tom:What's with the sad face?
汤姆:你的脸色怎么这么难看?
Jerry:To tell you the truth,I just heard that one of our best sales,Mark,has decided to quit.
杰瑞:告诉你实话吧,我刚听说我们最好的业务员之一,马克,决定要辞职了。
Tom:What happened?
汤姆:怎么啦?
Jerry:Apparently,Mark feels that the company isn't giving him all the benfits that he deserves.
杰瑞:很明显地,他觉得公司的待遇并未达到他所应得的。
Tom:That's nonsense.I heard your company offers one of the best benefit packages in this industry.
汤姆:简直莫名其妙。我听说贵公司是这个行业里头提供最佳福利制度的公司之一。
Jerry:That's what I thought, but I guess it wasn't good enough for him.Just between you and me,our company offers medical and life insurance.stock option,paid leave,retirement plan,the whole nine yards.
杰瑞:我也这么觉得,不过我想还是不能满足马克吧。偷偷告诉你,我们公司提供医疗和终身人寿保险、配股、带薪休假以及退休计划,可说是一应俱全。
Tom:Well, now that you've Iost somebody, want to consider me?Just kidding!
汤姆:既然你们损失了一位员工,要不要考虑一下我呢?开玩笑的啦。
词汇解说
benefit (n.)津贴;益处
lnsurance (n.)保险
retirement (n.)退休
paid leave (ph.)带薪休假




