Unit29-2 公司福利
汤姆跟杰瑞谈论起公司的福利制度之优劣,让我们来看看这段对话吧。
To be frank... 老实说……
此短语用于想要对他人坦白地说出一些话之前。
To be frank,I really don't like that red shirt you have on.
老实说,我真的不喜欢你身上那件红色衬衫。
To begin with…首先……/先说……
当我们要描述一件事情的全部项目或者一串原因等等,会以to begin with作为开头。
To begin with,we mix the nour and the milk.then we stir.and then we bake.
首先,我们把面粉和牛奶混合,然后搅拌,接着烘烤。
in the long run…就长远来看……
当我们要表达看待一件事情是以长远的眼光而非短视时,就会以这个短语来表示。
In the long run.a car with better fuel efficiency wiII save you tons of money.
长远来看,一部省油的汽车能为你省下大笔金钱。
模拟对话
Problems up to your ears!反映公司的问题
Tom:To be frank,although it may appear that our company has great benefits,there are many problems with the benefit system.
汤姆:老实说,虽然我们公司好像福利很不错,但是却存在着制度层面的问题。
Jerry:Like what?
杰瑞:比方说?
Tom:To begin with,our begin with,our company has far too many quotas to meet and to top that off,we don't get commission.In the long run, we feel we get less compared with people who get a big bonus at the end of the year because they have been doing well at work.
汤姆:首先,我们公司的业绩额度定得太高,很难达到那个要求,因此我们拿不到佣金。就长远的角度而言,其他公司的人可以因为工作表现佳而在年终时领到额外的奖金,这点我们就比不上人家。
Jerry:I see.Besides that,is there anything else?
杰瑞:我懂了,除了这点以外,还有其他问题吗?
Tom:Personally,I think the biggest problem is that there is much to improve but not Cnough people speaking up.
汤姆:就我个人的想法而言,最大的问题症结在于需要改善的地方很多,挺身说话的人却太少了。
Jerry:Maybe when you get promoted,you can take matters into your own hands.
杰瑞:也许等你升官了,你可以自己推动改革。
词汇解说
quota (n;)限额、配额
commission (n.)佣金
bonus (n.)额外津贴、奖金
promote (v.)升迁,升职,提升




