Unit38-2 茶水间的故事
茶水间是一个聊天、吃零食、喝饮料,以用暂时远离办公桌的好去处。当男人们聚大那儿的时候,都会聊些什么话题呢?
get the hots for…迷恋某人
这是一句俚语,用在一个人被某人深深地吸引的时候。
I got th ehot for Ihe new girl in town.
我迷恋镇上的一个新来的女孩。
can you blame me…?你能怪我吗?
当一个人有正当的理由去做某些不是常理范围的事的时候使用。
Can you blame me for eating likea pig?I've been starving for three days!
你能怪我像猪一样狂吃吗?我已经饿三天了!
dead on the spot…即刻死亡
形容做坏事被抓到的话,一定会死得很惨,或者当场死亡的意思。
He dropped dead on the spot.
他当场死亡。
模拟对话
Talking about women谈论女性
Jerry:I'm going over to the break room to grab a cup of coffee. You want anything?
杰瑞:我要去茶水间喝杯咖啡,你要什么吗?
Tom:I'II go with you.If we're lucky,Katherine might be there.
汤姆:我跟你一起去。假如运气好的话,凯萨琳说不定会在那儿喔。
Jerry:I think someone's got the hots for the prettiest girl in the office.
杰瑞:我想有人迷上办公室里最美的女孩哕。
Tom:I do not.I admit I find myself staring at her sometimes but can you blame me?
汤姆:我才没有咧.我承认我有时会盯着她看,但是这可以怪我吗?
Jerry:Why don't you ask her out on a date?She's single.
杰瑞:那你怎么不约她出去?她是单身耶。
Tom:Nn way!She doesn't even know who I am. How about You?How's it going with you and your girl?Haven 't seen her around for a few days.
汤姆:当然不要啊!她连我是谁都不知道。你呢?你和你女朋友还好吗?好几天没见到她了。
Jerry:She's mad at me because she saw Katherine talking to me the other day.And if she knew what Katherine said to me,I'd have been doad on the spot.
杰瑞:她在生子我的气,因为有一天她看到我和凯萨琳在讲话。而且,若她知道凯萨琳跟我说什么的话,我一定会死得很惨。
词汇解说
stare(v.)凝视.目不转晴地盯着看
single (adj.)单身的
mad (adj.)恼火的




