Unit39-1 休闲生活
汤姆和杰瑞在讨论他们的兴趣与消遣。那现场的舞蹈表演或戏剧表演,他们会有兴趣吗?一起来看看吧。
are you into…?你热衷于……
当你询问某人什么东西会引起他的兴趣时。
VVhat kind of movies are you into?
你热衷于什么类型的电影?
go to waste…白白浪费
可以用来形容机会,物品,或任何东西。
Lct's not let a pcrfectly good day go to waste.
我们不要让完美的一天白白浪费掉。
I had no idea…我完全不知道
用来形容某人完全不了解某事。
I had no idea he was sick or I would have told him to stay home.
我完全不知道他生病了,要不然我一定会叫他待在家里的。
模拟对话
Theatrical shows欣赏舞台剧
Tom:Hey Jerry,are you into theater?I've got some free tickets to the"Hunchback of Notre Dame" .Maybe you can take your girl to see it.
汤坶:嗨杰瑞,你热衷舞台表演吗?我有一些《钟楼怪人》的免费入场券,或许,你可以带你的女友一起去欣赏。
Jerry:Sure,but why aren't you going?
杰瑞:当然好啊,但是你为何不去呢?
Tom:To be honest,I'm not a big fan of musicals,but there's no point in letting some perfectly good tickets go to waste,right?
汤姆:老实说,我并没有很迷音乐剧,不过,总不能白白浪费了这么好的门票。
Jerry:I suppose.So then,how did you get these tickets?
杰瑞:我想也是,那这些票你哪儿弄来的?
Tom:Well.I have a friend who's in the performing arts industry and he sends me tickets all the time.But the only things I really care to watch are dance performances.
汤坶:这个嘛,因为我有一个朋友在表演艺术这行工作,他都会把票寄给我,不过,我想看的只有舞蹈类的表演而已。
Jerry:I really had no idea you were into dance.Wkn type of dance are you into?
杰瑞:我完全想不到你会毫欢舞蹈耶,那你毫欢的是哪一类的呢?
Tom:Exotic.
汤姆:异国风的。
词汇解说
musical (n.)音乐
exotic (adj.)异国情调的




